CP2102 chip from SiLabs is a single chip USB to UART bridge IC. It requires minimal external components. CP2102 can be used to migrate legacy serial port based devices to USB.
- Stable and reliable chipset CP2102.
- USB specification 2.0 compliant with full-speed 12Mbps.
- Standard USB type A male and TTL 6pin connector.
- 6pins for 3.3V, RST, TXD, RXD, GND & 5V.
- Baud rates: 300 bps to 1.5 Mbps
- Byte receive buffer; 640 byte transmit buffer.
- Hardware or X-On/X-Off handshaking supported.
- Event character support Line break transmission.
- USB suspend states supported via SUSPEND pins.
- Temperature Range: -40 to +85.
- Size: 42mm X 15mm.
- Weight: 4g
- TX = Connect to Transmit Pin(TXD) of Micro controller. This pin is RX pin of CP2102 on board.
- RX = Connect to Receive Pin(RXD) of Micro controller. This pin is TX pin of CP2102 on board.
- RST = Normally Unconnected. Reset Pin for CP2102. Initiate a system reset by driving this pin low for atleast 15 µs.
- GND = Should be common to microcontroller ground.
- 3V3 = Optional output to power external circuit upto 50mA.
- 5V = Optional output to power external circuit upto 100mA